Clean Sunbrella® Sheer/Drapery
One of the best ways to keep Sunbrella® Sheer/Drapery fabrics looking good and to delay the need for a deeper cleaning is to vacuum/dust regularly to help prevent dirt build-up.
- Apply a light mist of mild soap and water using a spray bottle.
- Work the solution into the stain by lightly scrubbing the area with a sponge or soft cloth.
- Rinse thoroughly to remove all soap residue.
- Air dry.
- Repeat these steps until stain is removed.
Sunbrella fabrics do not promote mildew growth, however, mildew may grow on dirt and other foreign substances that are not removed from the fabric. To clean stubborn stains:
- Add some bleach to the recommended spot cleaning solution.
- Apply a light mist of the bleach and soap solution onto the stained area.
- Agitate area with a sponge or soft cloth.
- Rinse thoroughly with cold water to remove all soap/bleach residue.
- If stain persists, repeat these steps.
- Once stains are completely gone, let the fabric air dry.
We recommend that you contact the Sheer/Drapery manufacturer for more detailed cleaning instructions.
When evaluating the services of a professional firm, you should inquire about the firm’s experience in working with Sunbrella fabrics and knowledge of cleaning requirements.
If fabric has some wrinkling, use an iron on the synthetic setting. As iron temperatures may vary, first test a small inconspicuous area before ironing the entire piece.